Please note that this post contains an affiliate link which means that we will receive a small percentage if you make a purchase by following the link.
Special notes about Domain Registrations:
Keep in mind that there are two types of payments associated with Domain registrations:
- Annual Domain payment – think of this as the payment that needs to be made in order to keep your branded www name
- Hosting payment – this payment is usually made by Nonprofits on a monthly basis but a discounted annual rate can be selected too.
- Have your Nonprofit Invoicing details and contact Email ready.
- Visit Register Domain South Africa and complete a domain name search.
- If your preferred domain name is available, click “Add to Cart”.
- The next page that loads will prompt you to add a monthly (annual payments can be arranged later on) hosting package to your Domain Configuration.
- Click on the highlighted red “No Hosting! Click to Add”.
- Select a monthly hosting package that caters to your needs. I find that most South African Nonprofits begin on the R45 per month hosting package and very rarely need to upgrade.
- Click the green “Order Now” button on the monthly package of choice.
- The next page that loads will prompt you to attach your monthly hosting package to a domain. Make sure your Nonprofit domain name from Step One reflects and then click on the blue “Use” button.
- Select Continue
- Select Checkout
- Create an account for your domain ownership on the Checkout page by using your Nonprofit details (don’t register the domain in your personal capacity as the Organisation ownership needs to be clearly reflected) and contact email address. SPECIAL NOTE: Write down your password and keep it filed for safe keeping.
- Select “EFT Bank Transfer”.
- Accept the T&C’s.
- Select “Complete Order”
- You will receive an invoice via email from Register Domain SA. Once payment has been made, your domain dashboard will be ready to use to upload a WordPress Site to.