Phambano means: make a difference
- Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC is a purpose-driven organisation that provides sustainable technology- related solutions to civil society organisations across Southern Africa that work with social justice matters. Our one stop solution for technology capacity building allows us to provide once off or ongoing support to organisations by means of: Digital Literacy Skills Development; Technology Systems & Infrastructure Support; Software Donations.
- The range of programmes offered by Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC increases the technology capacity of organisations thus empowering them to reach more beneficiaries at a local and global level.
- To make Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC the preferred provider of technology capacity building solutions to other civil society organisations across Southern Africa.
Countries we serve
- Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Our Management Team
- Executive Director, Arnold Netshambidi
- Deputy Director, Samantha Barnard
- Board of Directors: AN Netshambidi, S Barnard, S Nkasana (Treasurer), BV Mosia (Chairperson), RA Tau (Secretary)
- Meet our support team here
- As a Nonprofit, we embrace the principles of:
- Responsibility | Accountability | Respect | Integrity | Honesty | Transparency | Ethics
- We foster a culture of Ubuntu, understanding the philosophy that “I am” because “you are”.
Programmes / Initiatives we are involved in
- TechSoup Southern Africa – Software donations and discounts to eligible Southern Africa Civil Society Organisations. Read more
- Digital Literacy Skills Development – Training and Resources for, but not limited to: Microsoft product suite; Facebook product suite; Google product suite; SAGE product suite; Social Media Marketing; Website Development; Digital Marketing. Read more
- #ThembaSouthernAfrica – Cyberbullying Awareness and Online Safety Training and Resources. Read more
- #Tech2EndGBV- Annual Digital Campaign that provides technology resources to combat online gender-based violence. Read more
- NetSquared – Bi-monthly workshops in Gauteng, Cape Town, KwaZulu Natal and Garden Route that bring together nonprofits and activists, tech leaders and funders, and everyone who’s interested in using technology for social change. Read more