Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC – a registered nonprofit organisation, NPC Number: 2017/173092/08, NPO Number: 216-854 NPO, a purpose-driven organisation that provides sustainable technology-related solutions to civil society organisations across Southern Africa. Our vision is to be the preferred provider of technology capacity-building solutions to other civil society organisations across Southern Africa. Our technology development initiatives allow us to provide once-off or ongoing support to organisations in need. The range of our services aims to increase the skills and capacity of organisations across Southern Africa, empowering organisations to reach more beneficiaries at a local and global level.
Vacancy: Business Development Manager
We have a permanent position available for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for driving our business growth through brand recognition and funding opportunities for our programmes. In addition, this role will take leadership of the Marketing initiatives and drive strategy objectives to completion.
The position is based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
Starting date: 01 September 2023
• Researching and identifying prospective donors and funding opportunities
• Develop proposals for new funding opportunities
• Actively pursuing prospective donors and funders and concluding deals
• Draft funding report for donors and Board
• Maintain current partnerships and develop new partnership
• Support the Executive Director in executing organisational marketing strategy
• Drive the marketing team to increase product offering
• Lead content development and training for Phambano Digital Skills Programme
Qualifications and Requirements
• Marketing or Business Management Qualification or similar
• Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably in the NPO sector
• Proven experience in fundraising initiatives for NPOs
• Project Management experience preferred
• Experience in managing a team
• Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply, submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC reserves the right not to make any appointments.
For more information about Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC, refer to www.phambano.org.za