In order to empower more organisations to use Amazon Web Services (AWS), TechSoup has changes to the AWS for Nonprofits Program. As of July 1, eligible nonprofits can access $1,000 in credits per fiscal year (July 1 to June 31) instead of the previous $2,000 offering. These credits will be made available for a lesser admin fee, and we hope that a greater number of organisations can now use this versatile and valuable offering.
AWS credits can be applied to usage fees for AWS on-demand cloud services and certain AWS support fees. For organisations that are accustomed to using the entirety of the $2,000 credit limit as well as for those that are new to the program, Amazon offers a number of helpful tools. These are meant to ensure that nonprofits can plan appropriately and use these credits most effectively.
- New accounts can use the AWS Free Tier to get free, hands-on experience with the AWS platform, products, and services.
- The Cost Optimization Tool provides cost transparency, control, forecasting, and optimization.
- Free, digital, hands-on tutorials can help your organisation get started with step-by-step tutorials to launch your first application.
- AWS trainings teach cloud fundamentals and best practices.
- Access Open Data on AWS, where you can share and consume open datasets.
- Leverage AWS workshops, which are hands-on events to provide practical skills.
The following are additional AWS programs that nonprofits may qualify for if they meet the program’s stated requirements:
- AWS Activate
- Cloud Innovation Centers
- Cloud Credit for Research
- Amazon Research Awards
- AWS Data Lab
- Amazon Sustainability Data Initiative
- AWS Diagnostic Development Initiative
For any questions about working with AWS or AWS programs supporting nonprofits, please contact AWS-Nonprofit-Programs [at] amazon [dot] com.
We are excited to make this offer available to a wider group of nonprofits looking to access AWS services. We hope that more organisations than ever begin to use this program to streamline their operations, solve problems, and better serve their communities.
Get AWS Credits Today
In partnership with Amazon Web Services, we invite you to a Nonprofit Executive Digital Leadership Webinar Series focusing on Building a Culture of Innovation.
Upskilling Your Workforce & Beneficiaries with Amazon Web Services (AWS) virtual event.
Wed, Jul 21, 11:00 AM (SAST), Free-To-Attend for CEOs/Executive Directors, CIOs, CFOs, etc. from nonprofit organisations in Southern Africa.