Nonprofits are continually challenged when trying to achieve their mission and objectives due to limited resources. Limited resources can include the lack of volunteers, staff, or tools that help in making sure that all projects are done efficiently and on time.
A project management tool like Asana enables nonprofits to achieve goals quickly and efficiently as it allows project managers and members of teams to detail and monitor available resources.
Regardless of the size of an organisation, project management tools help all team members stay on the ‘same page’ with the work that’s being done in the organisation. Project managers can simultaneously coordinate projects as project management software separates virtual departmental borders.
Asana is also beneficial for organisations that are constantly creating content for social media, newsletter and blogs. With Asana it’s easy to create templates for repeated tasks and delegate accordingly.
Asana Product(s) suitable for your organisation
TechSoup South Africa has added Asana as one of its many discounted software solutions available for eligible nonprofits in South Africa. Asana is an online work management software that can assist your organisation to coordinate manage workflow within the organisation. Asana Premium or Business is available on TechSoup South Africa. Asana Premium is for teams. Asana Business is for organisations to monitor, manage, and standardize work across all their teams. With either plan, teams can collaborate from anywhere with Asana’s mobile and web applications.
Benefits of using Asana
- Make responsibilities and next steps clear for everyone
- Know how work is progressing without needing to follow up
- Scale securely, ensuring everyone has access to the right information, and control who has access to what
- Create repeatable processes for recurring work
- Multiple views: You can view projects as lists, boards, calendars, and timelines. Use tasks with due dates, assignees, and descriptions to make sure every employee knows who’s doing what by when.
- Custom fields: By adding fields to any project, you can track exactly what matters most to the project.
- Templates: You can add new projects using templates that come with curated custom fields to help you track the information you need.
- Advanced search: You can customize search filters and create and save custom views across projects, assignees, due dates, and more.
- Dependencies: You can manage complex workflows by marking a task as waiting on another to know when work is ready to begin.
- Data controls: You can control what you share so the right people have access to the right information. You can make projects comment-only to avoid unwanted edits.
See a feature comparison of the Premium and Business products on Asana’s pricing page.
- Quantity: Organisations need to request only one Asana product through TechSoup South Africa each year to get discounted access for all of the organisation’s team members.
- Budget: Organisations with annual operating budgets of $25 million or less are eligible for discounted products.
- Nonprofits and libraries only: Products are available only to qualifying nonprofits and public libraries.
- Organisation types: The following organisation types are not eligible to request discounted products.
- Religious organisations without a secular community designation. To have a secular designation, an organisation must provide services to people regardless of their religious beliefs and must not propagate a belief in a specific faith. It must also have nonprofit number separate from that of the church or religious organisation.
- Hospitals, hospital auxiliaries, nurses registers or bureaus, health insurance organisations, prepared group health plans, group medical practice associations, in-faculty group practice associations
- Business and professional organisations
- Mutual organisations
- Fraternal beneficiary societies, orders, or associations; providers of other services or benefits to members or employees
- Sports, athletic, recreational, and social activities, except for community centers and community recreational facilities
- Legislative and political activity organisations
- Advocacy organisations
- Endowment funds or financial services
- Government instrumentalities or agencies
- Existing customers: Organisations that already have subscriptions to Asana are eligible to renew those subscriptions through this offer.
- Terms of service: Organisations that request Asana products must agree to Asana’s standard agreement for such products as well as any applicable Asana terms of service (collectively, the “Asana Agreements”) as a prerequisite for obtaining access to the products.
- Anti-discrimination policy: Organisations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background are not eligible to participate. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive products.
- Case study: Recipient organisations must be willing and able to provide information to Asana for the purposes of creating a case study or testimonial.
- Product distribution:
- Products will be distributed to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- Recipient organisations may not transfer or resell Asana products or otherwise violate any terms of the Asana Agreements.
Asana Premium and Asana Business users have access to onboarding and educational resources and receive priority support when contacting Asana support.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product Through TechSoup
When TechSoup South Africa approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organisation email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.