NetSquared is a volunteer-led program of TechSoup that builds the technology capacity of nonprofits through networking and training events. Organizers plan monthly meetups, but you don’t need to be a tech expert. As a volunteer organizer, your role is to be the host, manage the venue and recruit guest speakers who will present case studies and share best practices.
As a NetSquared organizer, you will become known as someone who’s a leader in the tech for good community. As an event host, you build your reputation, develop new tech skills, and give back. There is no pay – except for tremendous karma and having an excuse to hang out with other cool people.
Core Characteristics of a NetSquared Group
– Happen once per quarter (ideally monthly).
– Are live, in-person events.
– Build the digital marketing and technology skills of nonprofits, charities and libraries.
– Are free or by donation.
It depends, but a good estimate is one hour per week.
Benefits Of Being a NetSquared Organizer
NetSquared organizers discover that hosting events is among the most satisfying work they’ve ever done because they can:
– Build a reputation as an expert and network with their local nonprofit tech community.
– Be independent — they don’t need to ask anyone’s permission to get things done.
– Better structure their volunteer time.
How We Will Support You
We’re here to help you create amazing events and offer the following support to Southern Africa NetSquared Organizers:
1.Peer support, sharing best practices, and event ideas from 250 organizers who have gone before you.
2.Cheerleading and encouragement from the NetSquared community manager.
3.Event templates and assistance with event materials, presentations and guest speakers.
4.Promotion of your events across the TechSoup and Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC networks, including our blogs, newsletters, and calendars.
South African Cities Needing Organizers
- Durban – (existing community – #Net2DBN – needing a new organizer)
- Port Elizabeth
- East London
Existing South African Chapters
- Gauteng – #Net2Gauteng
- Mahikeng – #Net2Mahikeng
- Garden Route – #Net2Garden
- Cape Town – #Net2CPT
Ready to join an amazing network and #Tech4Good Community?
Sign up here: https://page.techsoup.org/why-start-a-group