“NetSquared gathers together nonprofits and activists, tech leaders and funders, and everyone who’s interested in using technology for social change”– netsquared.org
Join the Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC team in Durban, each month, for a free-to-attend NetSquared Durban event! Each event is hosted with a tech-related topic and guest speaker and is the place where civil society will find resources and networking opportunities.
Hashtag for the network: #NET2DBN
Upcoming NetSquared Durban Events
18 & 19 September 2019 | Airbnb Social Impact Experiences and Your Nonprofit | Guest speakers, Arnold and Nonjabulo
- Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC in partnership with Airbnb, invites your non-profit organisation to an exclusive and free-to-attend two day Social Impact Experiences Workshop in Durban on 18 & 19 September 2019.
- Social Impact Experiences are a positive way for Airbnb guests to explore new communities by signing up for neighbourhood explorations, workshops, or other activities sponsored by local nonprofits. The Airbnb Social Impact Experience is now available across South Africa through the TechSoup South Africa Programme.
- Why should your nonprofit organisation attend?
- Airbnb Social Impact Experiences allow you to:
- – Raise Funds: 100 percent of the proceeds you raise from your social impact experience go directly to your organisation. Airbnb waives all booking fees!
- – Gain Exposure: Your social impact experience will appear on Airbnb’s website and in its mobile apps, giving you a chance to reach a broader audience.
- – Engage Your Supporters: Introducing people to your organisation through a social impact experience is an invaluable way to create lasting ambassadors.
- Join us for an exclusive NetSquared Durban session for an overview and demonstration on how you can benefit on the discount.
- Check out experiences from over 450 organisations already benefitting from this programme here, including some of Durban’s very own ‘Explore a vibrant local market‘.
- Date: 18 & 19 September 2019
- Time: Full-day
- Venue: TBA
- Day One – 18 September 2019 08:30 – 17:00
- 8:30– 9:00 Breakfast
- 9:00 – 10:00 Welcome: Introduction to Airbnb
- 10:00 – 11:15 Understanding the opportunity as an NGO on the Airbnb platform
- 11:15 – 11:30 Tea break
- 11:30 – 12:30 Introducing your story: Creating your profile
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch break
- 13:30 – 14:00 Taking an Experience | Debrief regarding the Experience and Travel to Experience location
- 14:00 – 16:00 Take the Experiences | Groups of 10 per Experience
- 16:00 – 16:30 Travel back from Experience
- 16:30 – 17:00 Debrief | Rating your Experience (offline)
- Day Two – 19 September 2019 08:30 – 15:00
- 8:30 – 9:00 Breakfast
- 9:00 – 10:00 Introduction to Experiences
- 10:00 – 11:00 Success on the platform: The importance of Reviews
- 11:00 – 11:15 Teak break
- 11:15 – 12:30 Designing your Experience: Offline ideation support
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch Break
- 13:30 – 15:00 Going online: Creating your mock Experience
- 15:00 Closing | Rating your Experience (offline)
- To confirm your attendance, refer to our APPLICATION FORM below, should your organisation be eligible to attend, our NetSquared Durban team (Arnold, Samantha and Di) will contact you directly with workshop venue address and logistic information such as: what to bring with on the day etc.
Would you like to sponsor a NetSquared Durban event?
Our monthly meetings host on average 35 – 50 people, representing civil society, and we are always looking for support in the form of donations for:
-Venue – to seat 35 – 60 people | Projector and Screen | Tables & Chairs
-Tea / Coffee / Milk / Sugar
-Biscuits / Light Snacks
-Vouchers to give away to delegates
-Money – to cover WIFI vouchers
If you are interested in sponsoring a NetSquared Durban event and would like more information on how to do so, please contact Di: email@example.com