What is Office 365 for Nonprofits?
Office 365 for Nonprofits is a global offering to nonprofits that are eligible to gain access to Office 365, a Microsoft cloud-based productivity software with many collaboration tools.
How do you check your eligibility as a Nonprofit for this donation?
- You will need to register with Microsoft and provide supporting documentation that clearly proves that your organisation is a nonprofit; these documents could include NPO, PBO, NPC certifications, Trust Deed. Microsoft will also ask you to agree with an anti-discrimination policy.
- While you are in the process of registration, you will have to create a Microsoft account, the credentials to this account will help your login to the Microsoft Nonprofit Portal. Remember: whoever is completing registration for your nonprofit will be the Global Administrator for the account.
- The eligibility of your organization will then be verified by Microsoft with the help of TechSoup South Africa. This means that prior to registering with Microsoft, your organisation needs to be registered on TechSoup South Africa, so that the Global Network that is TechSoup may validate the information your organisation provides to Microsoft. Also, remember the process of verification of the organisation’s eligibility to Office 365 for Nonprofit may take up to 20 business days after your application has been submitted.
- As you wait for the eligibility validation, you can view application status in the Microsoft Nonprofit Portal.
- When validation is complete, you will receive an email from Microsoft containing results about the eligibility of your organisation to Office 365 for Nonprofits. If your organisation qualifies as eligible, a link to the Microsoft Nonprofit Portal will be included in the email as well so that you can be able to access nonprofit offers available which include E1 as well as Business Essential offers.
Register your nonprofit with TechSoup South Africa – TechSoup South Africa. Once you have registered your Nonprofit and the TechSoup South Africa team has approved your profile and validated it you can then go on to the Microsoft Office 365 for nonprofits website to apply for the Office 365 for Nonprofit donations (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits). Remember the TechSoup South Africa team is always available to assist you with your applications – should you need any assistance, email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a list of the type of NPOs that are eligible for the Microsoft Office 365 Nonprofit donation
For your organisation to qualify for this type of donation, it needs to be recognized as a charitable organisation. The mission of your organisation must be to empower or rather benefit the local community without you as an organisation gaining profit from that, the type of work that your nonprofit does may include but not limited to:
- Promoting Human Rights
- Establishing civil society
- Culture preservation
- Social Welfare
- Promoting advanced education
- Providing relief to the poor
- Looking and caring for the environment