“NetSquared gathers together nonprofits and activists, tech leaders and funders, and everyone who’s interested in using technology for social change”– netsquared.org
Join the Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC team in partnership with Suff Academy in the Garden Route, each month, for a free-to-attend NetSquared Garden Route event! Each event is hosted with a tech-related topic and guest speaker and is the place where civil society will find resources and networking opportunities.
Hashtag for the network: #NET2Garden
For more information on the next NetSquared Garden Route meetup, please contact Magda: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming NetSquared GARDEN ROUTE Workshops
02 July 2019 | Airbnb Social Impact Experiences and your Nonprofit | Oudtshoorn Youth Cafe 14h00 – 15h00 – Join the Facebook Event HERE.
04 July 2019 | Airbnb Social Impact Experiences and your Nonprofit | George Youth Cafe 14h00 – 15h00 – Join the Facebook Event HERE.
Join our dedicated Facebook Community for event invites and more: https://web.facebook.com/groups/net2garden
July 2019 Workshops | Airbnb Social Impact Experiences: A new way to promote causes
Guest Speaker: Samantha Barnard, Deputy Director | Phambano Technology Development Centre NPC
Social impact experiences are a positive way for Airbnb guests to explore new communities by signing up for neighborhood explorations, workshops, or other activities sponsored by local nonprofits.
The Airbnb Social Impact Experience is now available across South Africa.
Build Awareness and Raise Funds
Social impact experiences give Airbnb guests a chance to learn more about your mission and causes — and have some fun along the way.
- Raise Funds: 100 percent of the proceeds you raise from your social impact experience go directly to your organisation. Airbnb waives all booking fees!
- Gain Exposure: Your social impact experience will appear on Airbnb’s website and in its mobile apps, giving you a chance to reach a broader audience.
- Engage Your Supporters: Introducing people to your organisation through a social impact experience is an invaluable way to create lasting ambassadors
Your Experience, Your Way
With Airbnb social impact experiences, you’re in control. You get to choose the experience, your experience host, when and where it takes place, and more.
- Your Schedule: You can offer your social impact experiences as often as you like. Many nonprofits choose to host experiences about twice a month.
- Your Place and Host: You choose where your social impact experience takes place and who leads it — be it a staff member, a board member, or a volunteer.
- Your Price: You have complete control over how much your social impact experience costs, and you can change the price whenever you want.
What do Airbnb social impact experiences look like? Click here for examples.
What Could You Do with a Social Impact Experience?
Experiences can take place on a single afternoon or over the course of a few days. What experience you offer is entirely up to you.
- Get Your Supporters Involved: From urban farming to dog walking, engage guests with a hands-on experience that benefits your organisation.
- Educate, Inform, and Enlighten: Arts workshops, collaborative projects, and behind-the-scenes tours give guests a chance to learn something new and gain a greater appreciation for your cause.
- Do Something Fun!: Outings and city explorations are a great way to connect guests to your cause in a social setting while introducing them to the broader community.
Register your attendance here: bit.ly/Net2GardenAirbnb
Would you like to sponsor a NetSquared GARDEN ROUTE event?
Our monthly meetings host on average 35 – 50 people, representing civil society, and we are always looking for support in the form of donations for:
-Venue – to seat 35 – 60 people | Projector and Screen | Tables & Chairs
-Tea / Coffee / Milk / Sugar
-Biscuits / Light Snacks
-Vouchers to give away to delegates
-Money – to cover WIFI vouchers
If you are interested in sponsoring a NetSquared Garden Route event and would like more information on how to do so, please contact Magda: email@example.com